We are pleased to introduce the 2016 Madisonville Miners coaching staff!
Jared Franklin – Head Coach
(Email Coach Franklin at Jfranklin1997@yahoo.com)
- 16 years coaching experience
- 3rd year as Head Coach for the Madisonville Miners
- currently Head Coach at Webster County High School
- Associate Scout for the Texas Rangers
- coached his team to the Mountain Collegiate Baseball League Championship in 2013
- coached 3 years at Delaware Hayes High school, 5 years at Dublin Coffman High school, 2 years at Ohio Wesleyan University, 1 year at Texas A&M International University, 1 year Southeastern Illinois Community College, 1 year at Defiance College
- coached 2 summers with the Delaware Cows (Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League), 1 summer with Yorkton Cardinals (Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Western Major Baseball League), 1 summer IMG Baseball Academy, 1 summer Cheyenne Grizzlies (Mountain Collegiate Baseball League)
- has had 16 former players sign professional contracts
- holds a Bachelor degree in Cross Disciplinary Studies from Ohio Dominican University
- played at The Ohio State University-Lima and Columbus State Community College
- holds an Associate degree in Architecture from Columbus State Community College
- originally from Antwerp, Ohio.
Matt Reed – Pitching Coach
Matt Reed served for three years as a member of the Pfeiffer coaching staff after a stellar playing career. He has recently accepted the pitching coach position with Greensboro College.
Reed played collegiately at the University of South Florida, a member of the Big East Conference. As a freshman and sophomore, he was a mid-week starter and then was named a weekend starter his final two seasons. For his career, he posted a 14-8 record and 4.50 ERA while posting victories over the University of Florida, Louisville, Miami and twice led the conference in pickoffs. Reed saved his best year for his senior season in which he led the team in wins and was 3rd in the Big East Conference in ERA. Reed was drafted in the 44th round of the 2008 MLB Draft by the Los Angeles Dodgers and pitched two scoreless innings against the 2012 New York Yankees starting lineup. You could say coaching runs in Reed’s family as his Father Marty is the Atlanta Braves AAA Pitching Coach. Over the years Reed has had the opportunity to listen to Pitching/Bullpen Coaches on 5 MLB Teams (Orioles, Braves, Marlins, Dodgers, Astros) speak about pitching, as well as Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax, and current LA Dodger’s Pitcher Clayton Kershaw.
Brian Knisley – Assistant Coach
(Email Coach Knisley at email@example.com)
- 16 years coaching experience
- Currently Assistant Coach at Centennial High School in Columbus Ohio
- Coached at Dublin Coffman 2 years, Grandview Heights one year, Dublin Jerome one year, Whetstone 4 years, Centennial 4 years
- Coached Dublin Coffman summer team 4 years and Centennial 1 year
- Columbus Bruins 18U travel team Assistant Coach for two years
- Columbus Bruins 17U travel team head coach for one year
- Lead Instructor for Dublin Coffman 8-9 year olds camp for 8 years
- Lead Instructor for Olentangy High School 7 year olds for 4 years
- Lead Instructor for Dublin Jerome 8-10 year olds for one year
- Lead Instructor for Olentangy Liberty 10-11 year olds for one year
- Head Varsity Coach for Max Sports Skills Academy for 3 years
- Attended Kent State and Ohio State
- Originally from Columbus, Ohio: 1997 graduate of Grandview Heights